DMC Tapestry Wool
DMC Tapestry Wool is ideal for Tapestry, Bargello, Jacobean embroidery and all other canvas work projects.
It is a soft, smooth, non-divisible yarn made of 100% virgin wool (which is endorsed by the Woolmark) which makes it an easy yarn to use. Tapestry Wool by DMC is available in 8m skeins in a vibrant color palette of 390 shades. These 4 Ply skeins ensure that there would be something suitable for all of your canvas and needlework needs.
Subtle or bold colours shades can be used confidently to create statement pieces which can compliment your decor and turn your projects into family favorites.
Made in France.
Needle size recommended for DMC 4 Ply Tapestry Wool is a Size 18 Tapestry Needle for canvas or tapestry work.
Editors Note: DMC Colour Charts are NOT in numeric order but in color waves.
I have added in a broad shade range description in the Colour Chart titles below to try and help you locate the colours you are looking for.
Color Charts are listed over 5 pages so you are able to really see what the colors are like, however please note that online Color Charts should only be used as a general guideline to allow for screen variances
For a more modern look, experiment with a combination of threads and textures. Using matching colors in different mediums lets you introduce texture into your work.
We offer the complete ranges of:
- Au Papillon Metallic Butterfly Thread
- Appleton 4 Ply Tapestry Wool
- Appleton 2 Ply Crewel Wool (25m Skeins)
- Appleton 2 Ply Crewel Wool (190m Hanks)
- Appleton 4 Ply Tapestry Wool (10m Skeins)
- Appleton 4 Ply Tapestry Wool (55m Hanks)
- Anchor Stranded Cotton
- Anchor 4 Ply Tapestry Wool (10m Skeins)
- Anchor 4 Ply Tapestry Wool (39m Hanks)
- Anchor Variegated Stranded Cotton
- Anchor Variegated Pearl 5
- Anchor Marlitt Rayon Thread
- DMC Stranded Cotton
- DMC Variegated Stranded Cotton
- DMC Light Effects
- DMC Variegated Perle 5
- Ginnie Thompson Flower Thread
- Japanese Gold Metallic Thread
- Mogear Mohair
- Rajmahal Art Silk Thread