DMC Light Effects Thread
Add beautiful 6 Stranded DMC Light Effects Thread for all your embroidery projects which you would like to add a sparkle and some reflective highlights.
Available in 36 stunning colors and made from 100% polyester fibers, DMC Light Effects is comprised of 6 size 25 easily separated strands which can be easily included into your embroidery or craft projects.
DMC Light Effects is a glistening metallic thread which will add a subtle highlight to your stitching by combining one strand of cotton Floss with one strand of Light Effects or for a more vibrant look, replace DMC Light Effects or its matching shade in Stranded Cotton. Light Effects uses the same color numbering system as DMC Stranded Cotton. There is simply an “E” prefix in front of the color number. For example, the popular color number 321 in DMC Cotton Floss has a corresponding color number E321 in Light Effects.
Available in 8m Skeins
Please look at Page Six of the DMC Color Chart to view the DMC Light Effects Colors.
Some hints for working with DMC Light Effects from DMC:
- Try working with a shorter length of thread. A 30cm length will help to keep the fibers fresh and prevent fraying which can occur when stitching with longer threads.
- If your Light Effects thread become twisted while stitching, simply drop the needle and allow the thread to unwind itself. By keeping the threads straight you will reduce knotting too.
- To assure you get the best results, take your time. By stitching slowly you’ll have better control over the placement and laying of your stitches.
- When stitching surface embroidery try using a needle that is one size larger than you would normally use. The larger needle will help to “open” the fabric and allow the Light Effects to slide more easily through the fabric.
- Using a thread conditioner like Thread Heaven is beneficial in aiding Light Effects to glide smoothly through the fabric.
- For stitching in 2 ply, cut the length twice the length needed; separate 1 strand and fold it in half. To make a slip knot fold the strand in half and thread the folded end through the eye of the needle. Place the thread loop over the point of the needle and pull firmly to secure the thread. The slip knot holds the thread onto the needle.
We also stock the complete range of DMC Stranded Cotton to compliment the DMC Light Effect Threads.