Tiger and Cubs
The Tiger and Cubs Tapestry Kit is a simple and easy tapestry, suitable for a beginner to do in half a cross stitch. This would be a perfect first project for the aspiring stitcher.
Excellent kit for a beginner, experienced stitchers or as a thoughtful gift.
Design Size: 30cmW x 40cmL
Canvas Size: 40cmW x 50cm
Tiger and Cubs Tapestry is printed on White Penelope Canvas
Tiger and Cubs Tapestry Kit contains:
- Quality printed canvas
- 4 Ply Tapestry Wool for Tiger design only**
- Size 20 Needle
- Beginners stitching instructions for completing in Half Cross Stitch
**please select and purchase your choice of background color separately HERE
Editors Note: For a more modern look, experiment with a combination of threads and textures. Variegated threads can add interest as can metallic, rayon or silk threads for that added sheen and sparkle. Using matching colors in different mediums lets you introduce texture into your work. Perhaps consider some textured stitches??
When I look at this picture, I think the Tigere done in 8 strands of Stranded Cotton for a feline smooth, glossy sheen, and perhaps the plain background could be done in a patterned/textured stitch, say Diagonal Mosaic stitch (see below for details). This would add some extra interest to the piece and provide the more experienced stitcher with a bit more of a challenge.
To complete the look, we offer the following complete ranges:
- Appleton 4 Ply Tapestry Wool
- Appleton 2 Ply Crewel Wool
- Anchor 4 Ply Tapestry Wool
- Anchor Stranded Cotton
- Anchor Variegated Stranded Cotton
- Anchor Variegated Pearl 5
- Anchor Marlitt Rayon Thread
- DMC Stranded Cotton
- DMC Variegated Stranded Cotton
- DMC Light Effects
- DMC Variegated Perle 5
- Cottage Garden Stranded Cotton
- Cottage Garden Perle 8
- Cottage Garden Perle 12
- Ginnie Thompson Flower Thread
- Mogear Mohair
- Rajmahal Art Silk Thread
If you are anxious about starting a Tapestry, or would just like some added information, you can find some helpful tips from DMC HERE
Used as a beautifully textured filling stitch.
- Stitch Guidelines:
- Work in diagonal rows. Bring your needle up at 1 and down at 2.
- Bring your needle up at 3 then across two intersections and down at 4.
- Repeat to fill the area, working a diagonal row upwards from lower right to upper left.