Slicker Iron on Vinyl
The Slicker Iron on Vinyl from byAnnie is an exciting way to make your own water resistant laminated fabric!
Use this product to line Toilet Bags, Make up, Travel bags and other items you want to be water resistant.
Fuse Slicker to any smooth fabric to make it water-resistant. It’s durable, flexible and can be stitched without leaving adhesive residue on the sewing machine needle.
This handy iron-on vinyl interfacing is perfect for projects like Shower Caps, Makeup Wraps and bags or placemats that clean up with a wipe.
Fabric stays soft and is easy to work with.
Slicker is available in a convenient to use pack
17″ W x 36″ L (43cmW x 92cmL)
APPLYING SLICKER TO FABRIC:
- Peel paper backing/release paper from vinyl interfacing; set aside.
- Place sticky side of vinyl interfacing against right side of fabric; smooth into place.
- Top with release paper. Press with iron set to medium, no steam, for 8 seconds. Repeat to bond entire surface. Do not touch iron directly to vinyl!
- Flip project over; press and hold iron on back of project for additional 4 seconds. Repeat to heat entire surface.
- Allow to cool before using.
TIPS FOR USE:
- For best adhesion and wear, pre-wash fabrics without any fabric softeners to remove any sizing in the fabric before applying the Slicker.
- Use Wonder Clips rather than pins to avoid leaving holes in the vinyl.
- Always press using the release paper over the vinyl surface.
- Not recommended for use in the microwave.
- Clean the vinyl-coated fabric by wiping with a wet cloth/sponge. The manufacturer recommends cleaning by methods that do not involve submerging in water.
- Do not launder in washing machine
Other excellent products from byAnnie are available, please click HERE for Soft and Stable Stabilizer in three convenient project sizes.