Big Red Tote Bag Kit
by Karen Bramich
of Needle In a Haystack
The Big Red Tote Bag Kit is a take me anywhere Tote bag Kit.
Big Red is light enough for everyday use and strong enough for a quick stop at the shops or market.
The Big Red Bag is a stand out, dramatic pattern made up of a front panel constructed from seven co-coordinating Red fabric strips and finished off with a decorative trim of Ric-Rac around the handles and the top of the bag. There is also a three button feature for the front panel.
This Kit would be suitable for the ambitious novice or experienced quilter.
The Big Red Tote Bag Kit contains:
- Assorted 3 inch x 26inch co-ordinating Red fabric strips
- Two x 3 inch x 26inch strips for Shoulder Strapsl
- 1 metre denim weight 100% cotton fabric for Lining and Pockets
- 14 inch x 8 inch heavy wight buckram for the base.
- 3m of baby Ric-Rac
- Decorative button Pack for the front feature button
- Easy to follow instructions
- Pattern Sheet
- Assembly diagrams
- Colored Cover Photo
- 14 inches of either iron or/sew in Pellon OR quilt wadding such as wool or cotton
- 1 metre of medium weight interfacing for lining and pockets
- 14 inch x 8 inch quilt wadding for base.
- matching Machine sewing threads
- Additional co-ordinating machine embroidery thread or stranded embroidery thread for hand embroidery if preferred
- Pins, Needles Scissors, Iron and other general sewing supplies
- Sewing Machine
- Cutting Mat
- Rotary Cutter
Made in Australia
If you have never sewn Ric-Rac before, please click HERE for a short demonstration Video
Rickrack is a flat piece of braided trim, shaped like a zigzag. It is used as a decorative element in clothes or curtains. Before the prevalence of sewing machines and overlockers, rickrack was used to provide a finished edge to fabric, and its popularity was in part due to its sturdiness and ability to stand up to harsh washing conditions. Rickrack is produced using a variety of fibers, including cotton, polyester, wool, and metallic fibers, and is sold in a variety of sizes and colors.